Shannon Glenn is the owner and founder of Sleep Well Children Consulting and a Certified Pediatric Sleep Specialist. She is dedicated to helping parents assist their children and babies in developing healthy sleep habits. With a B.A. in Psychology, Shannon has worked extensively with children and their families for over 15 years in a variety of settings. She has been offering sleep solutions for over six years.
How do you know you have a toddler living your house…
Toddlers are such a joy to have around, they make you appreciate the little things and remind you how precious life really is. They also have a curiosity that can be incredibly fascinating and can be at the same time, very frustrating.
If you have a toddler living in your house you will draw comparisons and hopefully a laugh from the following list.
How do you know a toddler is living in your house:
- All kitchen objects have dual purposes, cooking and banging, clanging, and toy storage.
- Toilet paper isn’t to keep us clean! It is more interesting in a large heap on floor or used as a flying object decorating the entire house as far as it will reach. Bonus… the roll can be used as a megaphone or a telescope.
- Drool covered, boogery kisses are often offered. Something most parents can’t and won’t refuse.
- The only two ingredients needed to make pancakes are flour and syrup and when you don’t have a bowl handy, just use the floor to prepare your breakfast.
- Dad always needs an assistant when mowing the lawn even if it is to play a game of chase with the mower.
- Markers, pens, crayons, and anything else that will leave a mark are way more fun to use on anything other than paper. This includes skin, walls and the dog.
- Words like “Mama I wove you” are said often to rectify any situation and will melt any parents heart.
- All surfaces of the house are meant to drive some kind of toy with wheels on.
- Mom’s make up and jewelry are meant for everyone to wear, even the teddy bear.
- Snuggling up reading Curious George for the hundredth time will make any bad day better.
This is in dedication to my wonderful two children. Aren’t we all blessed to be parents.
Why didn’t we try this sooner?! As we speak he is sound asleep in his crib – and has been since 7:15 pm.Karianne Wanggaard
Sleep Well Sleep Specialists
Don't go through another night of bad sleep.
Contact us to schedule your FREE 15-minute sleep evaluation!
Working with Shannon, I went from 2-3 wake ups every night to 1 or 0. She aligned the plan with my preferred sleep cycle. She was always coaching, never judging. Shannon was great, I have referred MANY people to her! That's the best testament to her work that I can give.Laura